In an increasingly difficult job market, many healthcare professionals have an opportunity to differentiate themselves by having a strong social media presence. More than ever employers are seeking to hire health professionals who have an established “brand” becuause to them that means a wider reach and more visibility.
As pointed out by Lisa Kanda, President of Elkay Corporate Advisors in her SurroundHealth article “Six Strategies to Build Your Professional Healthcare Brand Online,” management guru Tom Peters states, “Regardless of age, regardless of position, regardless of the business we happen to be in, all of us need to understand the importance of branding. We are CEOs of our own companies: Me Inc. To be in business today, our most important job is to be head marketer for the brand called You.”
To help build your own brand, Lisa suggests the following:
- Complete your personal and business profiles on all platforms.
- Create a plan that demonstrates that you are the authority in your topic area and become the “go to” person.
- Increase your reach by making connections, gaining followers, and interacting with influencers.
- Be generous and engage.
- Be visible by guest blogging.
- Increase brand trust through testimonials, recommendations and reviews.
To get explanations and examples of how to execute the above, be sure to check out the complete SurroundHealth article “Six Strategies to Build Your Professional Healthcare Brand Online.”
Lisa will be sharing additional insights in an upcoming SurroundHealth webinar, “Using Social Media to Build Your Professional Persona.” We hope you join us!