A couple of weeks ago, we mentioned the launch of HealthEd Academy’s report on reaching diverse patient audiences. The report, “Engaging Patients From Multicultural Backgrounds,” has been generating a lot of buzz, and we will be hosting a webinar to discuss the findings of the report. Members have been requesting more webinars from the SurroundHealth community, so we are extremely thrilled to be hosting our first one this year very soon!
The report, which details findings from a survey of almost 200 healthcare extenders, contains insights on the needs these extenders have in reaching their diverse patient populations. Some of the top findings include:
- Language barriers and patient comprehension top healthcare extenders’ list of concerns
- Respondents continue to rely on high touch, not high-tech
- Minority patients’ discomfort in the healthcare setting remains a primary barrier, but one with a variety of solutions
To help address the barriers expressed, the report also includes a tool kit for providing culturally competent care. Within the toolkit, you can find a winning formula for engaging patients from multicultural backgrounds, case studies, resources, and more.
Now, some details about that webinar….
When: Wednesday, March 6, from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. EST
What to expect:
- Hear the highlights of an extensive survey about how healthcare providers are meeting the needs of diverse patient populations.
- Get practical tips from a panel of experts who’ve created programs to reach patients from a variety of cultural backgrounds.
- And come away with a better ability to offer the best possible care.
- Katie Margolis, PhD, HealthEd Academy and SurroundHealth
- Katherine Malbon, MD, Text in the City, Mount Sinai Adolescent Health Center
- Georgia Robins Sadler, BSN, MBA, PhD, University of California San Diego School of Medicine
- Zul Surani, community outreach and partnerships, Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Southern California
Learn more & register at www.SurroundHealth.net/r/Multicultural.aspx
More webinars to take advantage of:
- Health Literacy: Understanding the Problem and Developing Clear Solutions, March 27th
- SurroundHealth Webinar Archive – View recordings of webinars that you may have missed!