It’s hard to believe we are already three months into the New Year! Time has definitely been flying, but SurroundHealth is happy to announce that we are continuing to grow with quality members, content, and opportunities. We’ve had a great start to 2013, and would like to highlight some of the new happenings going on in our community:
We hosted our first webinar of the year!
On March 6, we held “How to Engage Patients From Multicultural Backgrounds”, which featured an expert panel of:
- Katie Margolis, PhD, HealthEd Academy and SurroundHealth
- Katherine Malbon, MD, Text in the City, Mount Sinai Adolescent Health Center
- Georgia Robins Sadler, BSN, MBA, PhD, University of California San Diego School of Medicine
- Zul Surani, community outreach and partnerships, Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Southern California
Our attendees gained practical tips and insights into ways to provide patients with culturally competent care. All of our webinars are archived within SurroundHealth, and our latest one can also be found here: http://surroundhealth.net/Topics/SurroundHealth-Members-Lounge/Webinars/Archived-Webinars.aspx
We have a couple of new partnerships:
The Alliance for Professional Health Advocates is Surroundhealth’s first Private Group!
- What is The Alliance for Professional Health Advocates? This organization provides independent patient advocates and navigators with the support they need to excel in their professions and growing their own business.
- Want to learn more about starting your own practice as a health or patient advocate? Check out their website: http://aphadvocates.org/
To learn more about SurroundHealth private groups, just ask us.
Learn it Live – We’ve also partnered with Learn it Live, an online platform where people can meet face-to-face and interact with top experts to lead a healthier, more successful life.
- Learn It Live provides the platform, tools, and support that make online learning as interactive and impactful as in-person learning. For educators like you, it is even profitable, as you can generate new revenue and extend your reach to students and companies that you would not reach otherwise.
We have a lot of new content including member-contributed articles, so definitely check them out on SurroundHealth and stay tuned for more exciting things happening in our community in the near future.