More than ever, patients have taken to social media—Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and blogs—to engage with caregivers and healthcare professionals for advice, resources, and support. On August 6th, right before the American Association of Diabetes Educators Annual Meeting kicks off, key leaders will be hosting a special course entitled, “Social Media for Diabetes: Step Up to the Genius Bar.”
SurroundHealth is excited to be attending, helping to facilitate the program with Hope Warshaw, MMSc, RD, CDE, BC-ADM, along with three social media experts from the Diabetes Online Community (DOC). A brief overview of the program:
From the DOC:
- David Edelman, diabetesdaily.com
- Many Hernandez, co-founder of the Diabetes Hands Foundation; TuDiabtes.org
- Amy Tendrich, MA, founder and editor-in-chief of DiabtesMine.com
What will the hands-on program include?
Participants can expect:
- A 15-question self-assessment process to determine personal social media goals
- Hands-on help in various social media platforms
- Tips on how diabetes educators can connect online with patients, colleagues, or both
- And more!
Registration is limited, so reserve your spot today!
If you’re interested in learning more about social media, check out some of the resources we have on SurroundHealth:
- Archive of Webinar: Using Social Media to Enhance Your Professional Persona – In this SurroundHealth webinar, Lisa Kanda, owner of Elkay Corporate Advisors shares tips and tools for using social media to enhance your professional brand
- How to Use Twitter for Business and Marketing– Here’s a checklist of everything your business needs to do to get on (or back on) Twitter and start seeing great results
- Quick Start Guide to Build Your Network on LinkedIn – a great resource from Lisa Kanda, owner of Elkay Corporate Advisors
We hope to see you at AADE 2013!!